advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

8 spinal fusions - need pain help

8spinesurgeries88spinesurgeries Derby, KSPosts: 3
edited 08/30/2016 - 1:38 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 38 year old male, and I started having Scoliosis repair surgeries when I was 14. I have now had a total of 8 spinal fusions, and now have 3 rods spanning the length of 12 vertebrae. None of these surgeries were done in Wichita, KS where I now live. Since my surgeon was at [edit] in Washington DC, none of the doctors here will touch me. My general practioner claims that i am not supposed to hurt. None of the pain management clinics will see me becuase i refuse to go through any more trigger point injections, faccette joint injections, or steroid injections because I have personal experience that they dont work and usually makes my pain worse. If anybody has any advice i am all ears and will take any help I can get. Thank you in advance for your assistance 

Comment edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator to remove specific medical facility

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,695
    hello 8spinesurgeries
    please click on the link for useful information

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
Sign In or Join Us to comment.