advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Which is better between Microendoscopicdiscectomy & microdiscectomy?

Hi,
I have been suggested surgery for my L5S1 disc herniation. One neurosurgeon has told me about microendoscopicdiscectomy surgery which he performs. Whatever I have learnt from different sources including here is that microdiscectomy is generally performed. One another thing is that my old MRI from October last year has shown the height of disc to be 9 mm, where as my latest MRI from August this year is showing the disc height reduced to 6.5 mm. Now surgery has become eminent as my conservative treatment is not beneficial any more. Please tell me whether after operation this degeneration of my disc will stop or it will continue? Another thing is about choosing between Microendoscopicdiscectomy and microdiscectomy. Your suggestion is welcome as I am very confused. 

Thanks 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,228
    hello buntyverma !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 756
    You may want to check and see which is covered by your insurance. 
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.