advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Stenosis without Myelopathy...

Sorry if this is a question that  shouldn't be posted... Please delete it if it is so.
Can Cervical stenosis without myelopathy progress to with myelopathy? 
advertisement

Comments

• I'm actually wondering the same thing. I keep noticing my thighs getting bigger. 
  • sherrygirlssherrygirl ontario canadaPosts: 162
    I wonder the same too
  • advertisement
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,509
    well, i learned something because of you this evening, i didn't understand the difference between stenosis and myelopathy. for anyone who wants to know what myelopathy means see https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/spinal-stenosis/cervical-stenosis-myelopathy

i suppose that it depends on what the stenosis is caused by.  if it is caused by a disc bulge/herniation, then if that gets worse, seems like it could lead to myelopathy, doesn't it?  i don't know if there are any other possible causes.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Yeah, that's my thinking as well, Bruce. 

I was told that there are osteophytes and a degree of kyphosis, thus need of c6 corpectomy and c5-c7 ACDF. So considering this info, my conditions must progress worse over time. Therefore it seems to be logical to conclude that I will have severe symptoms of myoleparhy eventually. 

Thanks all for helping me sort things out in my head. 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.