advertisement
advertisement

SEVERE DRY EYE IN RECOVERY ROOM??

Anyone experience dry eye in recovery room. I had this happen last year after acdf with no help from recovery nurse. Having  another surgery in 2 days and trying to avoid same. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• I suffer from dry eyes on a regular basis. When I went in for my 2-level ACDF six weeks ago, I mentioned this to the anesthesiologist as he was prepping me for surgery because he told me they were going to tape my eyelids shut as part of their standard procedure. He offered to drop some sterile saline into my eyes before & after the operation while I was anesthetized, and said that if I had known beforehand, I could have brought in a wetting agent (like Celluvisc or GenTeal). If you use a product like that regularly, bring it and ask the anesthesiologist.
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,340
    Tim

That is good advice.  Note that if you do your pre-surgery at the hospital, you can discuss it with anesthesiology then.
  • advertisement
  • MagistraMarlaMMagistraMarla San Antonio, TexasPosts: 78
    Tim,
    Thanks for that advice.  I have Sjogren's Syndrome, so my dry eyes are severe.  I'll be sure to ask about that.
  • Dee35DDee35 New yorkPosts: 26
    Thank you Tim, that's exactly the info I was looking for. My eyes are dry every day, autoimmune disease and laser eye surgery caused it. 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.