advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Fed up with being told i ju st need to "meditate"

anastasia0anastasia0 usPosts: 2
edited 09/08/2016 - 1:37 AM in New Member Introductions
Strange intro i know, but i swear if i have one more doctor or other "holistic" person tell me i just need to meditate, i'm honestly going to launch their own head at them.  My background is a motorcycle accident that nearly took off my leg.  Distal femur break, the leg was in 3 pieces, heel torn off... i never blacked out because the fates deemed it was ok for me to be conscious for every super painful event.  They found me trying to put my leg and foot back on.  After a couple of hours the amazing surgeons at  ER re-attached my leg after finding a pulse in my ankle.  They asked me before going under if i had any questions.  I said yes, 2:  are you finally going to knock me [edit] out, and WHERE is george clooney?"  Er got a good laugh at that one.

That was many years ago.  They told me i'd never walk again but i'd keep my leg.  I"m not only walking, but after 6 years of physical therapy i even ride a motorcycle again.  What you don't know after getting fixed from an accident, is that the aftermath may lead to some other things.  It took a few years, but then one day i thought i had the flu, and my skin felt like it was burning and then every joint felt like it was being wrenched sideways.  Fibromyalgia.  I won't even bother to tell my fellow pain sufferers about the depression.  Because nothing makes you feel more awful than being useless to your family.  I went though stages where I thought i'd conquered it only to fine myself soaring back into hard hard feelings of despair and loneliness.

Everyone will say, "oh but you're getting better" and i always responded, "yes i'm getting much bitter."  They never heard the difference.  So, on those nights when I want nothing more than to not ever wake up, a smaller voice than i own says: "i'm here, i'm here, i'm here, don't forget me."

So i try to be good to that small voice and attach with incredulous devotion the will to wake up every few nightmares an

Comment edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,709
    hello anastasia
    please click on the link for useful information

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
Sign In or Join Us to comment.