advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Day 1 of Pain Pump Journey

Two weeks ago we said "go" with my PM doctor for a pain pump. Today was the first day of action.
1. Had blood work done - always a nightmare. My veins roll, blow or they can't find one. But called on someone more experienced and        all went fine.
2. Mri - without contrast - laying there trying to make a symphony out of all the pings, pongs and weird sounds, sounds like a                          synthesizer (hey!! you've got to make the best of it)
3. With contrast - trying to find a vein again but finally!! Anyone else have this problem?
Reports will be sent to surgeon and now we wait for an appointment. 
Monday I will have the same reports and will post the findings.
Sandra
Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read my  Medical Story  
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck! Keep us posted!!!

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496
    memerainbolt

Thanks for posting about your experience, I look forward to more.

Say hi to your deer for me.  Hopefully you will enjoy the pond more once the pain pump is working.  By the way, I grew up in Evansville and lived in Princeton for year.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443
    Thank you both. Besides seeing my psychologist, this forum has been one of the best things I've done for myself. I truly feel like I'm talking to my friends every day. Small world Bruce!! We have a deer feeder by the pond, mama and her baby are there every evening. Can't wait to really start the journal, maybe it will benefit someone else.
    Sandra
    Got the call this morning!! I have my first appt. with the pain pump surgeon Oct. 18th for a consult. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. 
    We know this will be a life long commitment and has been a very big decision. I know it's the best thing to do seeing I'm out of options. The last 3 days have been horrible, pain level way over the scale and won't let up. Would love to have 5 min. pain free. 
    But God answered my prayers, please find someone to help me, and he did.
    Sandra
    Yep, me too. Also tell them where lol. Found a great spot, works every time. About 3" above your elbow on the under side. Just make sure the needle is going toward the elbow not toward your hand. Doesn't hurt, has worked so far. Mine are so bad when I was in the hospital they had to put a pic line in.
    Sandra
  • advertisement
  • dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,072
    My veins love to fool the nurses.  Its there one second, gone the next
    Thats why almost 99% of any blood work I get done (including for contrasts)  is that they have to do it on my hand, which I am not a big fan of
    Ouch!! Can't do the hand. Having fibromyalgia doesn't help either.
    Sandra
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496
    Oh Ron, that hurt.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• So glad things are moving forward for you! Funny you mention the veins, mine roll, hide do all sorts of houdini routines. At my ganglion block it took two nurses and a doctor to get my IV in. 

I hope the pump works well for you. Hoping you get relief soon. Keep us posted on how it progresses! Even though you are nervous I bet 10/18 cannot come soon enough. 
    Thank you all so much for the replys, it means a lot to me.
    When I got the call this morning I got really nervous, starting worrying about all the what if's. But calmed down by realizing my prayers were answered. We did find someone to help me.
    One can make a victory of experiences, turning life into an inner triumph, or one could ignore the challenge and simply vegetative. Viktor Frankl
    Sandra
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.