advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Day 1 of Pain Pump Journey

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,481
    Today I got the written report of my MRI. Not good. And I wonder why I'm hurting so bad all the time lol. Here goes:
    Idiopathic scoliosis, thoracolumbar region
    Marked levoscoliosis in upper lumbar spine (curvature of the spine to the left)
    Dextroscoliosis in lower lumbar spine (curvature of the spine to the right)
    Degenerative disc disease throughout the lumbar spine
    L1-2 disc bulge with canal stenosis
    L2-3 disc bulge - restrolisthesis (dislocated vertebrae) -  endplate spur
    L3-4 spondylolisthesis (vertebrae slides forward over the bone below) - severe degenerative disc disease with severe disc narrowing - disc bulge - central canal stenosis - facet hypertrophy - bilateral foraminal narrowing
    L4-5 spondylolisthesis - laminectomy defect (a piece missing from the bony arch that connects the side pillars of the vertebrae
    L5-6 disc bulge - facet hypertrophy - foraminal narrowing
    Endplate degenerative marrow at multiple levels ( thickened bone located at top and bottom of vertebrates will deform or detach causing bulging disc).
    Regions of foraminal narrowing (spine nerve root compression - cervical stenosis)
    (facet hypertrophy - degeneration and enlargement of the facet joints-puts pressure on nerves in the spine)
    I was asked by the MRI tech when he finished my test last week, "how do you put one foot in front of the other?" As I reached for my cane I said "like this" and walked away.
    It's not just what the report said but what all this can  cause. Side effects, if you want to call it that.
    I have spent most of the day researching all the terminology, laying down of course, goes in my binder with all the other questions and concerns. I'm Prepared!!!

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
    Day 15:  The 18th cannot get here fast enough I know it's just a consult but maybe things will start moving faster.
    I have had one of the most painful almost two weeks yet. I'm venting, complaining, and whining. Sorry, I just had to let it out. My poor sweet husband has his hands full. Besides me, our dog had to have surgery again and I'm down.
    All we can figure is that everything that's wrong in my back finally caught up with me. I've never been one to just lay around but I've got to now.
    My PM doctor upped my Neurontin. I've got so many issues we don't really know where to start to get some relief. But if this doesn't work he will do something else. I'm so fortunate he will work with me.
    I'm staying positive but in a lot of pain and not sleeping. 
    Ok, thru whining. I'm not the only one and thanks to this forum I realize that more and more.
    And thanks for all the great reading material here. I've learned a lot and added a lot more notes to my notebook.
    Sandra
  • advertisement
  • Memerain
    Its not whining when your stating facts.
    You hurt
    Your frustrated
    Your not your best self,

Its ok.
    Were here with shoulders just for this.
    Your job is to get better
    All the rest are details

Have a soft day!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

Thank you so much for the sweet words.  It means more than you know.
    I'm used to laying here but that's why I'm in this shape, wouldn't stop. 
    So here I lay, reading every post, trying to others support in turn.
    Pay it forward!!
    Sandra
    Lol...meant to say I'm not used to laying here!!
    Sandra
  • advertisement
    Three more days!! Have been laying here reading, all the windows and doors are open, watching from the bay window and listening to the leaves fall . A nice cool breeze and the sounds of the crows
    My body has had a very rough month, legs and hips are a lot worse. So is the back.
    But mentally I'm in a better state than ever. As I lay here day after day I'm not bored or depressed. I'm actually very calm. And that is definitely not me lol. But it is now. 
    I know the importance of your state of mind before and after surgery. Bring it on, I'm ready.
    And I know the importance of having faith in your doctors, surgeons and yourself.
    Hoping to have a long thread Wednesday!!
    Sandra
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 668
    Good luck. Sandra, my operation went quite well.  I had mine done oct 3..
    was is the hospital at 3:30 and out and on my way home at 9:30.  They didn't keep me
    overnight, Going in Monday to up the dose of baclofen. Every time. I have an operation
       I. Tell the anestigiologist tell let me know just before they turn the lights out and say. I 
    am going to try hard to stay awake, every time they chuckle and say go ahead.
    they always win.  Some nights   I wish. I could fall asleep like that.
    anyway we!ll say a few prayers for you good luck

God.  Bless 
    Thanks Mike!! Glad your surgery went so well, please take care of yourself. 
    I've read so many articles, as I'm sure you have, on the importance of doing what you're told during recovery
    Hope this helps you to have some comfort and relief in your life. Thanks for the prayers, ill send some your way.
    God bless.
    Sandra
    Update on the journey: we saw the neurosurgeon today, was very impressed. He answered all of our questions and concerns and then some. The note book came in handy!! 
    Next Fri I go to my psychologist for a psych test. When the neurosurgeon gets those results they will set up an appt for a one day trial using morphine. That day the surgery date will be set. After surgery I'll be in the hospital 3-4 days.
    So we wait again!! But it's ok, I do realize that there are others playing a lot worse waiting game.
    Another neurosurgeon there said, after looking at my MRI, that he could fix a lot of my problems. But would be a very extensive surgery from my neck to my tailbone and would still need a pain pump. But with the way everything is deteriorating the surgery wouldn't help for long. 
    Big decision for me and sweet hubby!!!
    Next update, next Friday.
    Sandra
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 668
    Hi. Sandra, did you ask where the catheter would go ?
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.