advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Day 1 of Pain Pump Journey

Comments

• Hi Sandra
    Well I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better for sure and let's pray it is something that will ease up and not require any further so you can go back to those walks through the woods. I can't imagine what kind of therapy but maybe some stretching or something easy. I don't know anything but I do think they need to take an x-ray just to see you know. Best to think as positive as possible and you are extremely brave and strong.
    Wow that is exactly what I would imagine with a man like that but you deserve it and I am so glad he is that way.
    That is so revealing of you two no TV I mean you have to have the most secure, happy and full life to not need anything but each other and that gorgeous place.
    Take it easy and enjoy that view. 
    Sherri

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

I have been so busy I forgot to update my last doctor visit which was last Wed.
    He increased the morphine rate by 5% and seems to be helping more. But I've been having a lot of nerve issues in my hip and leg again, a lot. Found out it's my piriformis muscle and SI nerve. I go back Aug. 8 for injections in both places.
    I met with PT and she gave me exercises to do at home. 

Other than that the pump and I are getting along fine, there are days when I forget it's even there. As thin as I am it's not even noticeable.

Take care everyone.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
  • AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 76

As you wait for your injections on 8/8 wishing your pain doesn't increase.  What kind of exercises are you able to do at home that PT gave you?  I hope they help and not further your pain.  It's such a struggle with back pain, you don't know if it's helping or hurting because the back talks to you in so many different languages through out the week.  

As for me I stayed awake till midnight, took my gaba and oxy hoping to avoid the "wake up pain siren", but that experiment did not work. The screaming pain woke me up at 2 a.m., got in the cold shower and tried going back to sleep with the cold towel wrapped around my back.  Barely slept, but got out of bed to kiss my wife as she left for work wishing her a great day and TGIF.  Never easy for me!

Going to call the PCP office this morning to check on the approval of the MRI.  I have 3 big screens, but they are off during the day since I enjoy reading.  Enjoy the wildlife and your great husband.  Low number pain day to all.

Akira/Chuck

Akria

My stretching exercises has helped. And I catch myself stretching my legs if I'm standing doing something.
    For my back muscle I lay across the dinning room table and gently stretch my arms out front. Pull them back in slowly then stretch again. Every few I do I leave my arms outstretched. While I am leaning over the table I take my left leg straight back and slowly in, then the right leg. I only do it a few times, don't want to overdo.
    For the piriformis muscle, sit in a chair and slowly bring your left foot to your right knee. Then do the other. It took a few days to be able to stretch that far. 
    If I'm cooking dinner and I start hurting, I put my hands on the counter and put my feet behind me where I'm leaning and that helps.

The main thing is don't push yourself but you have to do it every day. I hope this helps you, let me know.
    Take care and keep reading. I love to read!!

Sandra

I thought it time to update this journey again. After this post this thread will be closed and a new one started, Day 1 of Pain Pump Journey part 2.

Since I had my pump refilled on June 20th, I've seen my PM doctor once. That was on July 12th, still trying to find the right dose. He increased the morphine rate to 2.301 mg/day and the bolus rate to .251 mg/4 times a day as needed. These are still small increases but still the best way to do it.

I had started having a lot of problems with my left SI nerve and piriformis muscle. In the past I've had injections and they never seem to help. But you have to keep trying and hoping, maybe this time. He scheduled it for the 8th, yesterday.

So I had the injections yesterday. He said he put enough numbing medication in so that I would probably be pain free the rest of the day. That was wonderful. But then everything went back to normal. I've been taking it easy today (or trying to) and will do a better job tomorrow at resting. I want this to work.

The new posting starts on Part 2. Thanks to everyone for your replies and support. This has been a journey that started last August with me coming to this forum looking for information. I found that along with finding a "home" with good, caring, supportive people.
    Thank you!!

Sandra
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.