advertisement
advertisement

Please help

Hello,
I was sent to a Neuro surgeon after having an MRI. He said the MRI did show a slight curve in my neck and a couple slight disc bulges but eventually found that the upper pain I have is from back spasms. However, since I've seen him I am having pain in my arm. Does anyone know if this is normal?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello kthomson !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    Hello...
    Curious which doctor sent you for consult? Are you seeing pain management doctor?
    Have you had other testing done? EMG?

• advertisement
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 254
    edited 09/21/2016 - 4:04 PM
    I actually saw a Neurosurgeon today for herniated discs in my neck at C5 and C6. I have pain in the base of my skull, down into my neck and across my shoulders and down into my upper arms with a lot of muscle tension and headaches. The upper arm pain has slowly started over the last two weeks or so. Apparently this is all very normal. She said most cases resolve with conservative therapy like physical therapy and pain management treatments like injections, etc. I have been going to PT for a month now and am scheduled for a steroid injection on Friday. Has your doctor recommended any treatment for you?
  • redbud64rredbud64 CaliforniaPosts: 29
    maehaley: Your symptoms sound like mine! Mainly at the base of my skull now. I will keep watching for your comments!
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.