advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

HELP!!!

I know that this website isn't supposed to interpret MRI results, but I had a laminotomy on August 15th and just got an MRI to check for reherniation and I need help seeing if this means I have reherniated or not, and what all of this means. Please please help. 

L4-L5:

There is post surgical change with prior right laminotomy. There is a small amount of fluid and edema in the posterior soft tissues centered right of midline which is in keeping with the recent surgery. The disc disease with disc desiccation, moderate disc budge, and moderate broad-based posterior disc protection. Mild central stenosis. Disc protrusion approaches the the traversing L5 nerve roots. There is mild to moderate right foramina stenosis. There is minimal left foraminal narrowing. 

advertisement

Comments

• jadehdjjadehd CaliforniaPosts: 18
    protrusion...not "protection"
    Moderate broad-based posterior disc PROTRUSION. 
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,509
    Jadehd

You are correct, we are not allowed to ask for are reply with test interpretation - including MRIs.

With your MRI results, you should be able to get an appointment with your surgeon to review the images and determine what they mean for you.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.