advertisement
advertisement

Ecigarette Smoking pain retuning after 1yr

I had my level 3 acdf 1yr ago. I went  back to work (fast-food) now last week I started getting pain bad like b4 surgery. I smoke ecigarettes I read that smoking can cause fusion not to heal. But even this long after. Did I mess up with the ecigarette smoking I know I over did it at work. Feeling scared
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,340
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    luvinggiants

welcome to the spine-health forums.

so you don't really tell us much about your ecigarette smoking.  did you quit during your recovery?  when did you start back up?

did you have follow up visits with your surgeon?  did the surgeon tell you that you had fused?

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

• luvingiantslluvingiants CaliforniaPosts: 2
    Yes I had acdf level 3 surgery last September...was cleared by neurosurgeon in January...went back to work ASAP but I do some lifting and reaching which he said to not so I think the pain is due to that...the ecigarette started out with vaping just past couple months I started cause it relaxes me...but I'm just scared and worried cause the pain is back and just as bad as b4 surgery...I also have stenosis in my lower back which is real bad
  • advertisement
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,340
    luvingiants

No visits with the surgeon since January?  I have heard of that, but it seems wrong that the surgeon doesn't want to see patients longer.  Mine wants to see me throughout the first year.

It is probably time to visit a doctor to talk about your new pain.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.