advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Cervical Non Fusion

Hello,

First off, I can't name names but over the years I have gotten some useful information from this site, so thank you for that. 

I have been rear ended twice now. I had an acdf at c4/5 in July of 2009. I still had a lot of pain but I was told I was fused. I was sent to a premier spine and pain center. I was not treated very friendly and I often felt faulted for being in pain. I stuck it out as to not cause further waves. I finally left there and struggled to find a doctor that would help me since I was a pain center drop out. 

In 2013 I was told I had a hook shaped stenosis poking into my right c4/5. I had a posterior surgery in mid-October 2013. That surgery led to a staph infection. 

I still have had huge amounts of pain. By summer 2015 headaches ruled my life in addition to pain. I started seeing the other pain dr in town who tried the steroid shots but also sent me to another surgeon. Between these drs I was informed I was not fused. This surgeon kindly offered to wave his fees but I cannot tke him up on his offer because his hospital is not in my network. 

I found a highly spoken if surgeon in another city. They informed me they think I was never fused. I have almost all my ducks in a row and am waiting to have a new acdf c4/5 scheduled. I will be going through that soon. 

I really struggle with a lot of issues from how I was treated, to coping and holding the bag for a lot of things out of my control. I am trying to walk it off but I let myself get hung up on a lot of poor treatment. 

I hope to be able to keep moving forward and maybe help others too. 

Thanks for reading,
Jeff
advertisement

Comments

• necknfnnecknf MontanaPosts: 2
    Kimmy72,

Thank you. Thank you for pointing out others. 

Right now I feel fortunate I have had a few drs speak up lately. One dr went as far as to offer to wave his fees. I could not accept because his hospital is not in my network. 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.