advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

A little Bonjour from France - level 2 ACDF scheduled 13th Oct

Hiello :)  I'm Sharon, English living in West France, Europe, just turned 45... I have been popping on here for the last few months, some great info & help, and also some really scary stories  :o   We have tried everything possible to avoid surgery but a second MRI shows my symptoms have got worse. Herniated C3 C4 C5 C6 pressing on the spinal cord. Pain is terrible, quality of life - rubbish. After appointment with the neurosurgeon this week it's been decided that he will operate, a minimum of 2 levels. He offered surgery next week, me - 'ummm, no, I'm good thanks...let's wait a while...'  So I go in 12th Oct, operate 13th. Grateful I have some time for a little planning, (I run my own business - how many hours in the day? eeeek)  So,  at the moment I'm writing list on list & basically running from one side of the ship to the other.....pretty sure I'm not the only one doing this? I am under no illusion this is going to be a pretty rough time. Anyhows, a bit of a silly question, but how realistic is it to be able to read an actual book (one with paper pages :)  ) after surgery? I'm a book freak, is it possible, do I balance it on my knees, not able to bend my neck? Lift the arms? Any ideas....Would just love to hear it from someone who knows...... Thank you in advance.....good luck & best wishes to everyone else out there.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,264
    hello pebbet !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.