advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Inflamed Back

Hi. I'm 18 and recently went to the doctor where they took an x-Ray and said my back was inflamed and that I should start physical therapy. He recommended I take 3 prescription ibuprofen along with 2 Tylenol. I had a few questions that I was hoping some of you could help with. 

I've never done physical therapy, so I was hoping some of you could give me advice on that. My back hurts with any amount of activity, is there any way to help me avoid huge amounts of pain during therapy?

Also, does anybody know what will help with the pain? Heating pad, ice pack, etc? 

And lastly, what happens if the therapy doesn't help my back?

Thanks for your time.
advertisement

Comments

• dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,519
    edited 09/16/2016 - 11:10 AM
    i've never heard the diagnosis inflamed.   was there anything else they said.  and was it just an x-ray?

take a look at this all about physical therapy

take one step at a time, see how you do with therapy
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello hecateheather !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.