advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

MowgliBeeMMowgliBee Cambridge, MassachusettsPosts: 3
Hello Everyone,

I'm joining the forums to get support for an ongoing issue with my cervical spine.  After 20 years I am back at the neurosurgeon looking for answers to a new loss of strength in my left arm, deltoid and bicep muscles, after fusions from C5-C7 from that time.  Those were emergency surgeries with compression of the spinal cord and loss of function on the left side of my body.  Those 2 surgeries saved my ability to move and I had an uneventful recovery.  Had an awful visit with the new doctor who questioned what my original surgeon had done and announced that she could see no fusions at all.  She also spoke badly of rehabilitation medicine as a groups of doctors who "just freak out"  when they hear that you have cervical fusions.  She's fired!  Moving on to find a new neurosurgeon who can explain my new MRI and x-ray to me clearly and with respect to what I know about my own body and my cervical spine.

Let's just say I can feel the fear creeping in.

Thanks for providing this space.

MB
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,509
    mowglibee

welcome to the spine-health forums.

i always think that you have to be comfortable with your surgeon, so i understand firing that surgeon.  you have found a great place to discuss your new journey.

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started welcome to spine-health

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.