advertisement
advertisement

Having cervical disc replacement I need info

Hi precious ones.it has been a while since I've been on this forum

This coming Monday the 19th I'm having a cervical artificial disc replacement  surgery on C3 C4. They say recovery time is short , is that true for those of you who've had it?   I am single and have no children. I'm needing to know if indeed that is true that I  will be back to a  regular routine in a week. Can I ask some of you who have had this for any information you might be able to give me at this time to prepare me for Monday.  I would so appreciate that. I am trying to prepare for when I come home and not sure what kind of help I might need if any.

Also could you tell me how long the surgery is, I forgot to ask the doctor and they're closed now.

Thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,340
    hisbeauty4ashes
    I don't have answers, my experience is with fusion - but good luck on Monday!
  • advertisement
  • mandykb23mmandykb23 DelawarePosts: 18
    how did the surgery go and how was recovery? I am scheduled for artificial disc replacement this Jan. I'm nervous about how it's going to go. 
  • I just had this surgery and it was a 2 hour surgery. I must say I'm absolutely impressed. no more nerve pain in my arm and the healing time is quick. I'm 2 months now and feel great. just make sure to not push it. I do get headaches more often but it beats nerve pain. if you have anymore questions email me. momof35172@gmail.com 
    Good luck
  • Hi sorry I am way behind on responses. Well I did have the surgery in 2016 recovery was hard for me. However now i am facing another one because the artificial disc is pressing against my spinal cord and causing me all kinds of problems. I go in tomorrow for a MRI of the cervical spine and a brain scan. I hope yours is more successful.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.