advertisement
advertisement

Cervical cord compression symptoms?

im hoping this is my diagnosis I'm very scared ... Been mentioned to me :/ but anyone who's experienced this what were your symptoms? 
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 410
    This is not typically a diagnosis that you hope for .... unless there are other more extremely dangerous diagnoses possible.  Search the upper right hand corner of the page for cervical radiculopathy.  You will find many threads of people discussing the symptoms of varied levels of cord involvement.

Keep us posted and warm regards,

Bones
  • Actually, radiculopathy is nerve root compression, it sounds like you're talking about myelopathy, which is cord compression. 

I have it (still have symptoms).  The first thing I had - and most people do - was heavy legs.  I felt like I went running the day before.  Then it progressed to my arms, and also weakness of all 4 limbs.  Then surgery ;).  

Generally, if you have myelopathy, you get surgery sooner than later.  The longer the cord is compressed, the worse the prognosis (>1 yr = worse).  Good luck in your journey!

• advertisement
  • the heavy leg and arm is exactly how i feel ocassionally! is it possible for this condition to be mild? its also strange because i am young, but i have had a serious neck injury several years ago and unfortunate chiropractor experiences that make me believe caused more damage. what is your stpry?
  • advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.