advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Disc Herniation at L4-5 level

Experts,

My mom who is 67 years old has been diagnosed with the Disc Herniation and discs bulges at L2-3 & L3-4 levels.She is feeling all the pain due to this disease and is uncomfortable with day to day activity.We consulted doctors  in past when this happen they suggested to operate but that is not a solution.As if now again she is facing the same issue but it very severe and now a different doctor is suggesting that only way to handle is operating it but now we are scared that what would be the success if we go for operation.Also would like to know if there is any other way this can be take care by medication or massaging etc.Any help or information with regards to this will be helpful.
I am attaching the MRI report in the post for detail.

advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello nikhil041 !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    edited 09/19/2016 - 1:00 AM
    Hello....

Thought I should start with letting you know, we are not experts.
    On this discussion forum, we are members who share chronic pain and spinal issues...and issues that can accompany both.

There is a medical side to Spine-health site, with many experts giving out very helpful information, usually form of articles and or videos. The video library is huge!

When you use search, upper right on page, typing in your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions.
    You may also be led to the medical side.
    Videos also available from tab, on top of page.

I am curious as to what kind of doctor has been caring for your mother's spinal issues?

Would you be able to give us a little more information re her pain?
    For ex...what activities are comfortable for your mom? Is she able to walk? Shower/dress herself?....etc....

Has her doctor given her instructions to limit any activities?..ex..no bending, lifting, turning?

Telling us a little more will allow us members to respond with shared experiences.

Since you mentioned surgery, there is informative post you may find very helpful..
    ..titled.****So You Think You're Ready For Surgery - Lets Go Over AFew Things******
    You can find by using search, upper right on page.

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.