advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

No pain all day but after a few hours sleep it's back

Don't know where to start really, had really bad sciatica and lower back pain for about 2 years up till Jan 2016 when I came off my motorbike and fractured several parts of my pelvis and L1 vertebra. Since my recovery I probably haven't had a full nights sleep. Maybe 3 to 4 hours then my lower back muscles are like cramps/aches and can only be relived by bending over almost double and stretching it out. Stiff on a morning for a while but soon eases off and no issues during the day.  Go to the gym etc and feel great but every night it's back and not getting better? Any ideas? Doctor says physio and Co codamol but that's ain't gonna sort it I doubt? 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,212
    hello pappa583 !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,212
    Hello...
    Just curious as to why you don't like your doctor's suggestions?
    Did doctor give you any restrictions or limitations re activity..ex..no bending, lifting, twisting...?
    And is he aware of gym activity?

I know my chronic pain caused sleeplessness...and the sleep deprivation was crazy making!
    My pain management doctor did a sleep study on me, which I thought would not show anything as I didn't sleep well during testing either.
    But he saw something and was able to treat me and stop that vicious cycle of no sleep.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • As Savage has said, chronic pain has a way of sneeking up
    Me..as you..at nite after a little while the cramps and pain kick me awake pretty quick.
    Part of mine is relaxing down and all stretched out..and two is a not so good matress
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

Sign In or Join Us to comment.