advertisement
advertisement

don't know what surgeon means when he says "good candidate for spinal fusion surgery"

Comments

• Ariel51AAriel51 Toronto, OntarioPosts: 5
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

bruce eitman said:
    ariel51

welcome to the spine-health forums.

that is a great question to ask you your surgeon.  even a simple call to the office should get an answer.

as dale says, it probably means you are healthy enough, the rewards will be big enough and your condition is not overly complicated, as some of our fellow members.  not all of our members are good candidates because their conditions won't be "solved" with surgery.

you might want to read the success stories! that i have been tracking.

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started with the forums: Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

allijay said:
    hello ariel-i just had an l5/s1 fusion and decompression on october 3. i've been dealing with a worsening back problem for 5 years with various treatments & doing pilates on a reformer which i think is the only thing that's kept me upright & walking around these last several years. i did have a facet cyst removed that was pressing on a nerve 2 years ago. i did ok after that and got on a more serious fitness program including using a treadmill, stationary bike, swimming as well as pilates and focusing on weight loss.
    last october, i developed a pinched nerve at the l5 level and it's been downhill from there despite continuing with my fitness program.
    i'm 67 and after being patient with my resistance to surgery & trying alternate treatments, my surgeon told
    that i wasn't going to be going to in to have surgery when i'm 86 years old. that made me realize that it was now or never. i'm glad to be on the other side of the surgery and while still very early in recovery, i know i made the right decision. the only decision left to make.
    i think my outcome will be very good and realize it is a long process and a huge commitment in our lives. 
    wishing you all the best as you go forward in this process.
    thank you all so much for the feedback and thank you for welcoming me into the group..i see the neurosurgeon tomorrow and am very nervous about it...hope i can post about it all after that...
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    hello vamtaa !
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    hello allijay !

Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • Hello Sue. Thank you for such an informative site. It helped me to read before my surgery and is now helping in recovery.
    Allison
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.