advertisement
advertisement

Doctors don't Agree

I had another follow up visit with my surgeon (spinal fusion L4/L5 Jan. 2016). He told me that everything was going as plan. He told me that there was more sign of fusion, however it's not fully fused. I then asked how long will it be before I can return to work. I was surprise when he said that I can return now. This is because my last visit I was told that it will need to be fully fused. So I asked him about the weight restrictions that I was currently on (15lbs). He told me that he will make it 40lbs. I then told him that my job requires me to lift 70lbs and is physical. He then said that he will give me a 25lbs restrictions and for me to work up to 70lbs. and see him in a month and by that time I should be good to go. 

I'm confused. Is it just me or does this sound right?  I got a opinion from orthopedic that I use to see and he doesn't think that I'm ready to return to physical job or lift 70lbs yet. 

advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,340
    You are right to be confused.  I wonder if your surgeon is trying to help you by letting you go to work, rather than giving you information that is best for you health.

If it were me, I would call and ask what the surgeon would do if it were him. That may be a different answer altogether though.
  • Thanks Bruce for your comment. Another question is how wil this affect my long tern disability 
  • advertisement
  • Hi Ron. It's with my company 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.