advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back Pain

I am 18 years old and still in high school. I usually crack my back by pulling the back of chair and twisting my spine; I do this several times a day, at least each class period and much more at home. Yesterday, I was in class and my back ached a little bit, but as the day went on it got severely worse. By the time I was in my 7th class period, every step I took would shook pain up my back on the right or left side. Every moment hurt. I wa hoping it would be gone today. I was rudely reminded when I tried to get out of my bed this morning and was wakened my pain causing me to fall to the floor. Laying on the floor makes the pain disappear for the time being, but trying to get up is the worst pain I've ever felt in my back. This has happened one other time and it went away in a few days, but I want to know why this happens, and if it is preventable.
advertisement

Comments

• I can only suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible. It might be something like a pulled muscle or it could be more serious. Never take chances with your back. If the pain is very bad or getting worse go to the ER. 

I too used to crack my back on school chairs, honestly I am almost 39 years old and ever since I finished college, I never found a chair capable of producing a satisfying crack again. 

I hope you feel better soon and that it is nothing serious. I would hate to see you suffing back issues at such a young age. Good luck! Keep us posted. 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.