In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

I'm blanking on what deformation I have! Please help

I have been suffering from lower back pain for a long time. When I went to the chiropractor, and he showed me the x-rays, my lower back was twisted. NOT curved. I in alignment for the most part, but the bottom few vertebrae (3-5 vertebrae) were twisted. They were twisted to the right on the X-ray, my left. Again, they were not curved, but twisted. My bottom vertebra, above my pelvic bone, are also fused to my pelvic bone. I'm wondering what this condition is called. The fused bones and the twisting of the vertebrae. Any help or links would be very greatly appreciated. 


  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 699
    Since your bones are fused I could see if you have a rotated pelvis (common condition that any chiropractor should be able to diagnose), but to say that your individual vertebrae are twisted is hard to accept. Especially since muscle is what moves bone and your muscles don't operate in that manner. At your age it's very odd you already have total fusion. I agree with @Kimmy72 that another spine specialist is needed at this point. 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.