advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

L5S1 herniated disc. Can't bear hamstring pain. Please help.

My MRI shows dessicated L5S1. Had pain down till my knee at the back of my hamstring. Had the same problem in January. Got admitted in a spine rehab clinic in for two weeks doing acupuncture and massage therapy and came out 80 percent better. Got completely fine by March.

Fast forward to last week. Don't know what triggered it. Muscle spasm turned into severe back pain turned into unbearable sciatic pain down left leg. Can't bear it. Can barely go to the restroom. Taking hifenac makes it better for 30 mins. Taking it twice a day mornin evening to go to the restroom.

I am sad and frustrated at this recurrence. My wife can't stop crying cause she went through hell Jan to March. 

Should i go back to rehab? Anything else i can do for pain? Ice heat not helping
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 756
    You may be able to benefit from the same treatment you received last time but if it keeps happening or gets worse, you may want to consider surgery. Explore your options and make the decision that works best for you. I had terrible sciatica for months. I opted to go straight to surgery. It has had very positive results. But, yes, you need to go to the doctor and see what the issue is.
    Ellen 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello rajatvohra !

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    Hello...
    Curious if you have notified your doctor? 
    I do agree with Ellen, above, such severe pain needs to be addressed.

Im not familiar with the med you are on. Is it prescribed? Another reason to notify doctor. He may be able to prescribe something for better comfort while further investigating source and treatment for your pain.

I am sorry for the stress this puts onto you and your wife. Pain really does effect every aspect of our life and its very difficult to watch a loved one suffering.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.