advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

L5S1 Shatter

Hey im 29 years old male   ive been reading every1 elses threads so i figure i get some feedback in regards to my back. So its been goin on for a year now today. I was injured on a peuce of heavy Construction Equipment. Now ive got a 13mm portrusion and shatterd peices of the disc pushing on nereve causing serious sciatica bilateraly , its def. Gotten worse over time. Ive tried PT,INJECTIONS, AND MEDS, STILL NO RELEIF..three opinions from surgeons saying i could benefit from a microdiskectomy. Suffering from major depression issues and mood swings.Eapeciall when work comp is draggn there feet!! I have a lawyer..just curious to knownif u guys would agree with what hes saying. So hes said to me that 50k would be an offer i shud consider... but considering what ive already gotten for lost wages i think its rather low? I would have acheived so many raises within this time is that considered when settli g? Im pretty banged up and wouldnt feel comfortable returning to that line of work what  are my chances of recertification.
Apprentice Heavy Equipment Operator
26$hr

advertisement

Comments

• Hello outthegate

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click the Welcome Message below for more information on Spine Health and resources we have
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Just on the disc extruding I can't see myself how it wud heal without surgery. If there is bilateral sciatica then there is a lot of inflammation around the disc space. And where would the fragments go? ....
    As for 50k.... I can't say I have any experience here but I know one of my friends brothers was in a car crash and got over €100k. But I can't say the precise circumstances, I just know there was a disc bulge and missed work. But 50k prob won't be huge given that you already missed work and are likely to miss a lot more ... say 4 months if u were to have surgery (given that it's a heavy lifting job).
    Again no personal experience with claims. 
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.