advertisement
advertisement

Could something else be wrong with my back?

in the beginning of June 2014, I was in a car accident  that resulted in back pain that I ignored until it became much worse. Around march 2015, I went to my doctor and had an MRI done that showed I had a herniated disc between my L4/L5 vertebrae. I started off trying corticosteroids which did not help, then I did physical therapy which I also felt was not helping. I had 3 epidural steroid injections that also did not completely get rid of my pain. I kept trying physical therapy and while in physical therapy, 3 different PT's expressed to me that they thought I had spondylolisthesis in my lower back. I stopped going to physical therapy around January or February 2016. I still do back exercises from time to time when I am in pain but recently I have been experiencing a lot of pain in my lower back again but higher up as opposed to the last site of pain where my herniated disc was. I went to the doctor and they said that it is probably just a pulled muscle, but I have been experiencing tingling in my right leg and foot. I am concerned that something else may be wrong with my back. Should I attempt to get another MRI? or should I just keep stretching? Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would help a lot. 
advertisement

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.