advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

thumb jerking out of control

I have had this before but never to this degree and continues with severe pain.
This happened back a few months ago i woke up with my right thumb spasing and so painful.
Four days ago it started again and has not let up I am wearing a brace to control the movement.
My hands and fingers were super sore and swollen two, has anyone experienced this or have ideas what is going on.
I do have an apt. on the 4th to have it checked out.
thanks Sherri
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Hope

When my neck is acting up my right thumb jerks randomly too.
    Hope the docs get you a definative answer!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• HI William
    Seriously from your neck i never even thought of that. Did your hands, fingers and nails hurt on both hands and so tender to the touch. Does it go away after awhile But keep returning? I have been using ice and some of that Lido-cream stuff. Boy it hurts right when it gets going?
    Thanks for you help
    Sherri
  • advertisement
  • I get stiff neck on my right area and there it goes.
    Also goes back to holding,gripping things
    Typing on the phone etc type movements

Thats why ime not supposed to clinb ladders !
    But yeah, it starts a little tic then moves on up to actual movement at its worst.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Those were the days I could do the ladder thing. I am just worried about making the traditional sugar cookies with the family. Huge gathering and tons of frosting/sprinkles everywhere including in the hair so hoping this settles down.
    Take care Sherri
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.