advertisement
advertisement

What is my condition called - pain between shoulder blade and spine. feels like a dull deep pain

My pain is between my shoulder blade and spine. It feels like my muscle is knotted and hitting a nerve. The "nerve" pain goes up my neck and on my shoulder. Typically massaging will help. pain killers do not. I have had someone else literally put her knee directly onto the muscle in my back for come relief. The pain is also a massive tightness of my lower head and neck muscles. I believe there are two muscles parallel on my neck, the left is very tight when I have my back pain. It also causes a dull deep pain in my left shoulder. Please help? does this have a name?
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,256
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    massino

there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

please click on this link for more information
    https://forum.veritashealth.com/welcome

• MassimoMMassimo VirginiaPosts: 3
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    massino

there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

please click on this link for more information
    https://forum.veritashealth.com/welcome

i understand. i thought this was a common problem and had a name. i remember my physical therapist giving it a name years ago, i forgot what she called it. it was something like thoracic outlet compression something or other. but i believe thoracic is the front of the body, right? not the back.
  • advertisement
  • MassimoMMassimo VirginiaPosts: 3
    I think this is it. Do any of you have this? and does it include massive pain in your shoulder?

Neurogenic (neurological) thoracic outlet syndrome. This form of thoracic outlet syndrome is characterized by compression of the brachial plexus. The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that come from your spinal cord and control muscle movements and sensation in your shoulder, arm and hand. In the majority of thoracic outlet syndrome cases, the symptoms are neurogenic.
  • Sounds very much like mine, mine refers to my hands I also have tissue buildup in my shoulders
  • I have TOS as well, not fun at all. I( have the okay for a new MRI which I will have done next week, I'm down to surgical options at this point or a pain pump.
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 410
    I know the name ....... make an appointment with a spine certified Orthopedic Surgeon or Neurosurgeon - they should be able to identify what is going on with you and your issues. They maybe will have solutions or at least treatments to reduce your symptoms.

Regards,

Bones
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.