advertisement
advertisement

Cervical Spinal Stenosis from herniated disk at C5-6 and C6-7

Hello! Best of luck to all of you.
The MRI I had 6 months ago showed a large herniated disk at C6-7 that presses on the spinal cord. I also have a smaller one at C5-6. I have occasional numbness on my right pinky and ring finger, also sometimes at the top of my thumb. A bit of coordination problems some knee buckling the last week. I scheduled for a new MRI. I would like to ask about your experience with similar condition especially if you didn't have surgery and particularly of how long does it take to develop some more serious symptoms like not be able to walk or use your hands or urinate.
Wish you all a great life
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 410
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    Kar Welcome to Veritas Health Forum
    You are best served by asking your physician these questions. He or she should know you from the inside out and would be a much better judge as to the whats and when things may progress. I have had multiple cervical surgery and they saved my ability to walk and many other things (Reduction of pain and radiculopathy.
    For interest .... click on the link at the end of this post ..... pain in the neck the long and winding road.

With Concern,

Bones
  • Thank you for your answer Metalneck.
    You have a long history. I admire your spiritual strength.
    If I may ask how old are you and how long before your first ACDF did your symptoms start.
    I am 45.
    Best of luck
  • advertisement
  • rossrross Detroit MichiganPosts: 36
    I have spinal stenosis of the cervical. I am considering stem cell therapy. It is similar to injecions and a las resort before surgery. A lot of the major Spine instiutes are now doing sem cell herapy to repair the disc.
  • alfierroaalfierro Delaware/ArizonaPosts: 7
    edited 11/28/2016 - 3:02 PM
    I am scheduled for ACDF surgery on C5-C6 and C6-C7 because of a serious spinal impingement. Very nervous about the surgery but am told it is quite common now. I have great confidence in my surgeon and got 3 second opinions that all reiterated that the question of surgery is not if but how soon. I have heard as many horror stories as good ones. My surgeon told me I may want to go back to work as soon as 7 days after surgery. Has anyone else had this type of successful recovery? btw.....He is using the Zero - w under control. Still dealing with severe neck pain primartily left side. Right leg nerve pain comes and goes.
    Kar ,

Thank you for your kind words. I am at least 55 now had my first ACDF 11? years ago - so I was 44? - My symptoms started a couple of years before at around 42. Sorry sometimes I suffer from brief bouts of CRS!!

Please keep us posted on how you are doing!?

Regards

MN
  • advertisement
  • KarKKar GrPosts: 9
    edited 12/06/2016 - 9:14 AM
    Hello Metalneck, I don't understand the term "brief bouts of  decreased mental ability". Could you explain please?

• Alfierro, when is your surgery scheduled? I wish you have a quick recovery.
  • Ross good luck.
    edited 12/06/2016 - 9:14 AM
    Hello Kar-

Decreased mental capability  ...... we are not supposed to use such language here! I removed my inappropriate TLA (three letter acronym) from our thread ..... sorry about that!!

Again,

MN
  • Metalneck, ok :)
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.