advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Voice getting weird again...11mths post 2 level ACDF..things that make me go hmmmm

Ok so I posted about my neck suddenly popping loudly enough for people to hear it and now I am noticing that my voice is getting weird sounding again like it was for 2 mths after surgery. I was one of those unlucky ones that had no voice for 9 weeks + (worried the heck out of my surgeon) and when it came back it was a while before it lost the round Kermit the frog sound to it. Recently I have noticed that it randomly sounds like that again and it is freaking me out. I know Bruce said for me to def call Dr about the popping and I am going to do that in just a few minutes but I wondered if anyone else had this happen and what it could possibly mean. I'm like someone else on here stated about worrying if a screw is backing out and pressing against my vocal cords and some nerves which could be still causing all this pain.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,268
    I have never been candidate for surgery.
    The times I have experiences the voice as you describe is when I'm having allergic reaction and my throats and tongue are swelling.

For whatever reasons that may apply to you, please tell doctor about your voice also.

I for one would be very interested in what your doctor has to advise you.
    Please keep us posted!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• laurietlauriet Kent, WAPosts: 33
    I am 11 months out from surgery and was still having my voice crack and sound like I was going thru puberty again. I asked my NS for a swallow eval to see if something was going on, they set me up with a speech therapist who helped me retrain how I speak, it really helped alot, I just had 3 sessions this past month. It's amazing how everything gets shifted around in your throat with that surgery. Just a thought.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.