advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stabbing, radiating pain from hips down entire leg.

i thought this would go away, but it is getting worse.  Years ago I was a jogger, 6 mikes a day, great shape, happy.  Now, at 62, I long for a night of sleep without sharp, excruciating pain running from my hips down my entire leg.  It is mostly at night, though after riding in a car it is very hard to get started walking sometimes.  Both sides and the only relief is to lay on my back, which I can only do a little while at a time.  I am so tired of this, and it is so depressing.  I do not like or trust doctors and can't hardly stand the thought of going from one to another to figure this out.  
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 756
    Hi
    I had severe sciatica running down my leg. I  went to my neurologist who ordered an mri. She took one look at it and told me to consult with a neurosurgeon which I did. He was fantastic! He explained all of my options to me and I decided to go ahead and have a microdiscectomy. It was same day surgery and for me very successful!
    Your issue may not go away on its own. You may want to do some checking and read reviews of doctors to ease your mind. 
    Good luck!
    Ellen 
  • Thank you.  I know I've had a negative view of doctors; but I am moving to a new place so I think it is time to try again.  I appreciate your advice, it helps me make a decision.
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,699
    hello marva17
    please click on link for information about spine-health
    welcome to spine-health

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 756
    You are welcome! When you go see the doctor, bring a list of questions and don't leave until you are comfortable that you know your options! Sometimes brunging someone with you helps. My husband thought of questions I didn't think to ask. Be your own advocate! And if you don't like that doctor, find another one. 
    Good luck!
    Ellen 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.