advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

6 weeks post acdf, pain is still level 8-9

I really need help. My neurosurgeon says I should return to work but my left hand is useless.

My surgery was 9/28/16 and today is 11/17/16. My doctor said I am clear to work on 11/21/16.

My first post op visit was 10/11/16. My doctor told me I needed 8 weeks OT to regain use of my arm and hand. We decided to review progress on 11/8/16.

I started OT 2x per week on 10/12/16 anf did not miss any appointments.

I took an interim assessment of OT to my 2nd post op review with my neurosurgeon on 11/8/16. The OT assessment showed only very slight changes and recommended 6 more weeks of OT.

The surgeon seemed to look it over, then told me I would be off work til January 3, our next appointment.

On November 10, my disability insurer called me and said my Doctor only approved me to be off through Nov 8. I called my doctor and reminded them about the Jan 3 date. They confirmed the date with me, and updated the date with the disability carrier.

On November 15, I got a call from my doctor's office. They told me no one takes as long to recover as I was taking. They also told me the disability carrier told them I would be fired if I did not return to work on November 21.

I called the disability carrier and was told they did not threaten to fire me. I believe them. The staff at my doctors office had repeatedly said they had talked to my employer and did not understand they were actually talking to a 3rd party disability claims administrator.

Please read this and let me know your thoughts. My pain levels are the same as my pre-surgery levels, My job requires constant keyboarding and that is not possible with my weak left hand and arm.

Thank you.
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.