advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

1 week before 3 level acdf fusion

I am scheduled for a 3 level acdf fusion on 11-29-16 & I am beyond nervous. I'm ready to HOPEFULLY feel better, but I'm afraid of the aftermath. I am a CNA and I've been one for the past 14 yrs, so I really don't know anything else to do. I was also accepted into the LPN program for January's class. I haven't accepted yet BC I am not sure if I will be able to continue to do this type of work. My ? tonight is, what are the permanent restrictions after this surgery? Will I be able to continue to work in a Nursing Home? Or should I look for other options?
advertisement

Comments

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 593
    @SRogers11- I think those are questions you need to talk over with your surgeon.
    I was a CNA for over 30 years. I got injured at work in 2013 & had 2 neck surgeries. The first ACDF didn't fuse, so I needed a posterior surgery. I only have one level fused (C 4-5).
    I was told by my surgeon & my pain doctor that I'll never work as a CNA again.
    Maybe it's my age? I'm 55? You didn't state your age, but at my age, I just didn't bounce back from this injury. I also had rotator cuff surgery from the injury.
    Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Cathy
Sign In or Join Us to comment.