advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recurrence of C6/C7 troubles

Two years ago this Xmas, I woke up with excruciating pain in my neck and shoulder. Went and had an MRI and was diagnosed with a herniated C7. I could not lift my arm, shave, showering was horrible and putting on a shirt was almost impossible. I went and had some decompression therapy and it worked wonders.....occasionally felt a little pain but was fine and had full strength so doctor said just keep on doing what you are doing. A couple of weeks ago, it flared up. I treated with ice, ibuprofen and rest and went and saw my doctor. He said to stay on anti inflammatories for a week. Have done that and it is much better. My neck feels a little stiff but not horrible pain. The worst part, and the part I would like others opinions on, is the pain in my elbow at nights. If I sleep on my back or keep my elbow raised, it is fine, but if I try to sleep on my side, the pain starts up again. Has anyone else had this? What have you done? I am trying to avoid surgery at all costs and am considering going and doing some PT. Any insight is greatly appreciated. BTW, have another herniation in lower back and doctor is amazed at how well I do given the size of both herniations.
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,772
    Jmstx - Welcome to Spine-Health,

I remember elbow pain prior to my first ACDF.
    And yes - My doctors are amazed that I can still walk with the issues in my lumbar spine.

You may benefit (or not) by reading my story via the link below.

Sorry for the brief response - Holidays??

Regards,

Bones
  • pmack11ppmack11 MassachusettsPosts: 2
    Hi Jmstx,

I was just diagnosed with same--I am having a horrible time trying to sleep, mostly ending up on couch in a somewhat siting position. I went through a prednisone treatment and have tried the other meds...the next step for me I guess is a shot. anyway, wondering if you could share what you did for PT to help your pain, any advice appreciated.

Paul
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.