advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

cervical

Good morning my name is Rose Iam here because I am searching to see if anyone experiencing what Iam experiencing  after having cervical surgery. I have one replacement Disc....2 disc replaced ...2 disc Collapsed...My problem is Iam light headed   /headaches....pain  / can't bend my head or look up or down it causes light headless dizziness pain .....Is there anyone that is effected the the same way as me ......Desperate....
    advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
      edited 11/29/2016 - 9:39 AM
      hello rospal629 !

<a href="https://forum.veritashealth.com/discussion/66152/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started"'>  welcome to spine-health </a>
      please click on link for helpful information!
      Sue
      Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
      edited 11/29/2016 - 9:47 AM
      Hello....
      Curious if you could tell us a little about yourself...ex...how long ago was your cervical surgery?

While you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, you may benefit from search, upper right on page.
      Typing in your concerns may lead you to current or older discussions.
      May lead you to medical side with articles and videos. Very informative!
      Sue
      Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
    • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,772
      edited 11/29/2016 - 3:07 PM
      Rosepal,

You maybe interested in reading my story as I had a 2 level fusion that failed - and had to be greatly increased in the revision(s).  I was diagnosed with pseudarthrosis or non-union - failed fusion. This journey and my symptoms, Mri's and reports are included in the My Story thread below.

Many of your symptoms - I have shared or still do ....

Hopefully others will chime in and have comments or ideas for you.

It does sound like you know what's going on - what have your physician(s) said about remedies??

Respectfully

MN 

• rospal629rrospal629 United StatesPosts: 3
      MN  thank you for your reply.....The surgeon wants to operate on the slipped disc.....I just can't do it again ... I have all these symptoms that I'm left with  the surgeon gives me meds which mess my stomach up. it has been two years since surgery  I still haven't got feeling in my fingers from nerve damage.I will say there are days I feel better .
      Rose,

Many times I have had to consider surgery v.s. nothing.  We here have had the question .... "when should I consider surgery" v.s. nothing or meds or other quick fixes that don't last.

My tipping point has always been ....unless urgent intervention is stated by your provider(s) and could cause advancing symptoms  and/or loss of additional function or life.  Pause and reconsider.

The key one though has been- when all soft therapies have been attempted and not helped - I'm losing additional function and structure - I have begged for surgery. (ok in my case I didn't have to beg very much).

Now on the other numb hand .... although my lumbar spine is now ripe for surgery. I have been trying to continue to treat without a blade.  I am not ready yet - to start down another path now.

With understanding,

MN 

• advertisement
    • rospal629rrospal629 United StatesPosts: 3
      Mn...thank you  again and I Appreciate Your help.... this  forum is really a big help knowing there is other people with the same Symptoms.....I
      Rosa,

You are very welcome.  It is concerning to me the number of new back and neck people.

I am very glad this forum is here also - another reason to be thankful.

How are you doing?  Any changes or "next" steps??

MN

advertisement
    Sign In or Join Us to comment.