advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Pain in neck down the back.

jyoderjjyoder Grandview, Texas Posts: 1
Hi, I was in a small auto accident on Saturday. I did not have pain right away. Pain started Saturday night. I have pain in my neck, down my back, and my shoulder where the seat belt was. I am planning on goin in to the chipractor this afternoon thinking it is whip lash. My mom is concerned with the pain down my back though as. Wonders if I shouldn't get it checked out before going in. Any ideas? 
advertisement

Comments

• E'starrEE'starr Kansas Posts: 17
    It'll be good idea to see your doctor first.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,212
    edited 12/19/2016 - 9:23 AM
    hello jyoder !

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,212
    Hello...
    I agree with E'starr....I would see my primary doctor before have manipulations done..esp neck area.
    I kind of think of whiplash as a general term for neck...cervical ...problems after the back and forth motion from car accident.
    But I think there are a variety of ways that area can be damaged and it would be good to know more specifically from MD assessment, tests, etc...

Usi g search, upper right on page, can lead you to research any concerns you have.
    We have information re chripractors and believe there is time and place for them, also.

Using search, you may find benefit to read...Chronic Pain Step by Step...
    It speaks to often times beginning with conservative treatments, and we as patients to always clearly stating the pain so doctors can respond sooner rather than later.

Please keep us posted on your progress!
    Wishing you very best...no matter what route you take!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.