advertisement
advertisement

L5S1

Hi everyone. 
I have undergo Microdisectomy L5S1 last Dec 1 2016 and after 2 days I was not able to sit. I can walk but not for long because od the pain on the right leg.

I dont know if its the same pain im complaining about but this is far worst than before for I am not able to sit even for a minutes. The pain is really unbearable.

I did go to the emergency and been told that it just normal.
How can this be normal If I cannot sit?
Laying on bed give me a little relief. Still has pain though I can manage since Im just in bed.

Anyone have the same case like mine? 
advertisement

Comments

• leoapdlleoapd CaliforniaPosts: 1
    I am 4 weeks post-surgery (same) at two levels. The first two/three days were not bad, but from then on, and for about three or four days it was also unbearable. I just simply forced myself to walk as much as I could, even just around the house and backyard. Sometimes for 5 minutes, and sometimes for 20 or more. I did help. My doctor prescribed me a medrol pack at my 10 day follow-up, and it also helped. Get a hold of your surgeon's office for advice.  
  • reghofficialrreghofficial PhilippinesPosts: 9
    I did try to contact my surgeon several times. But they keep on saying that it is normal to feel this pain for approx 15 days. 

I also force myself to walk even just around the house. Because standing ang sitting will make me feel excruciating pain on the whole right leg.

Have an appointment to one of my doctor in the center, ( I have maybe 3 doctors or 4 if I didn't mention it) on sunday dec 11. Hope he run some test again cause I dont think its normal. For me to be able to eat I need to eat walking. So yea , sucks but i need to bare it.

Will keep you posted. Thanks.
  • advertisement
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 85

Im some the same way.But it don't bother me much because I don't like being a couch potatoe.I like doing things and being up.the dr tell me its best to be on your feet it helps to keep your bones strong.Im 2 weeks pos and im scraed I might not go back to work.im dif. after the surgery.Now all I wana do is sit.walking around to much makes me tired and I sleep way too much.MY live still might change .Not looking forword to that.

GOOD LUCK  

To rick: 
    It's good that you are functional after surgery. But you need to take it easy. We have this sayings that "too much is bad for you"

Met my doctor last 11th and he's happy that there is a lot of changes. And yes! I can now sit but not putting too much force on the right side. I don't know if it's counted as an improvement but I'd rather take it than to not being able to sit again.
    Doctor says take it easy. You should too. ☺

Still have some pain and numbness but I can manage. One thing that worries me a little is that I have this popping of bones on every corner like on my pelvic, at the back of the knee and on the ankle. Dr said it's not connected to my back and not to worry about it. But I just can't help it.

All in all. Everything is well. God is always good. 

reghofficial said:
    To rick: 
    It's good that you are functional after surgery. But you need to take it easy. We have this sayings that "too much is bad for you"

Met my doctor last 11th and he's happy that there is a lot of changes. And yes! I can now sit but not putting too much force on the right side. I don't know if it's counted as an improvement but I'd rather take it than to not being able to sit again.
    Doctor says take it easy. You should too. ☺

Still have some pain and numbness but I can manage. One thing that worries me a little is that I have this popping of bones on every corner like on my pelvic, at the back of the knee and on the ankle. Dr said it's not connected to my back and not to worry about it. But I just can't help it.

All in all. Everything is well. God is always good. 
    Thanks good words I need to here good thoughts.Im haveing a bad time trying to heal I like staying bussy but this slows me down.
  • advertisement
    Just an update. I'm a little bit better now. My doctor can now raised my legs up. Still have a bit of a numbness but just fine tho. I would not trade it for a severe pain again. 

To Rick:
    Just take it easy. I'm now starting my physio after a month. Just a bit worried of my headaches hope it's not a sign that I might have a blood cloth but my doctor thinks it's not connected to my back either way I'll make sure I will be checked. We all heal differently. Just help yourself and pray. It helps! And don't think too much. It can add up to the pain and you will not get better faster. Hope you feel well soon!
    Thanks.feeling a lot better.im off the powerfull pain meds.and on tylenol 3 a few times a day.I can tell what my body tells me when im doing to much.the only hard thing is sleeping cant sleep in bed.because I find my self on my stomach and the dr says .on yout side or back...so i find my self in the recliner.Go back to the dr on the 10 so Im looking for good news...hoping he will let me go back to work.
    You're welcome! Last day I took a medicine for pain was last christmas. I struggle too because of the withdrawals of all the medicines I took. I'm also sleeping on my side and don't have enough sleep because I need turn everytime I felt pain on my back and when my arms are getting numb. Still can't stay long laying flat on my back. You need to be able to just walk and walk until you can even for just 30mins to 1 hour. I still have numbness. But I will take numbness instead of chronic pain. Just take some rest if you needed too. Hope you will get well soon too!
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.