advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

neck fusion surgery

Had a neck fusions on 5 6 7, lot of bone spurs, 7 hr surgery, had bones bleeding so bad they almost had to give me blood transfusion but finally got it stopped. Did anyone have bones bleeding? also they gave me a spinalogic bone stimulater to take home and use 30 mins a day, I'm on 4 months and still hurt, i have muscle spasems bad. Don't know if that machine really works or not, I would like to warn people that i received a letter from my insurance company about what the paid on the 7.000.00 machine that my dr said i bought, but i found my papers that i signed that it was a rental, so i called insurance company they investicated it and called and i was right i was only renting it. They told me they are denieing paying and i don't have to pay either they would take care of it! They were not happy with dr lyeing, i just received today saying they denied it and i don't pay either, please be aware! You are not buying those exspensive machines unless you want too! So check your paper work and call your insurance company they can help you! I also only had 1 follow up and have never heard back from the Dr. after 7 calls and messages, anyone else have these problems?
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,509

welcome to the spine-health forums.

that is a lot.  let's start with the doctor, without bashing anyone, it is time to seek a new doctor to evaluate the results from your surgery and to assist you going forward.  not all surgeons want to take this on, but make some calls and you should be able to find one.

then either ask your pcp or the new surgeon about muscle relaxers, stretching exercises and massage to get those spasms under control.

the bone growth stimulators are open for discussions.  many of us have used them and had good results - which is not to say that we wouldn't have had good results without them.  i do have a friend who is a highly respected pediatric orthopedic surgeon who believes in them.

you might want to read bruce - my story

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started welcome to spine-health

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.