advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Surgery

Hi, I'm a new bee here. Looking for some support. I have c5 c6 paracentral/central protrusion, spinal stenosis since May 2011.Saw a surgeon (5 years ago) and discussed the procedure he would do to my neck. It sounded so invasive!! I didn't do surgery, went to chiro, that worked back then. So the pain is back with a vengance! Now the pain travels to the back of the left side of my head. Before it was just my neck, scapula, and entire arm.  This last month I have been having so much pain. I think my only choice is surgery. Any recovery advice? I don't remember what neurosurgeon said about recovery. 
advertisement

Comments

• Hey VettyV have you seen anyone yet? I just had C3 & C4 fused on the 2nd of Nov, for me the recovery has been about the easiest of any surgery that I have ever had. Only hard part I am still facing is the throat and swallowing.. Guess recovery depends on whether they do ACDF or they open and do hardware on both sides.. Hope all goes well with you...

Bill
Sign In or Join Us to comment.