advertisement
advertisement

Lower l4 l5 and s1 surgery.

Im going on my 3 week of after surgery.just got stables out and doing ok im a slow healer . So I need another 4 .5 weeks off of work.wishing sooner .i hope my job is still there.
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,495
    Rick, great to hear you're doing ok!!
    Don't rush this. I know you want to get back to work but don't push it. It's not worth it down the road.
    Take care and please take it easy!
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 85
    Thanks.Im trying not to rush things.But its hard I live pay check to pay check.in two weeks im at the end of my vacation pay.and with the holidays here that dont help.at my age of 55 i might wana check in to ssi with disability.But I have been told thats hard to get I can give it some time I do have a very little saved up but not much.
  • advertisement
    Rick, not being scrooge here, but your health and a healthy back should come before anything. If it means buying a gift or buying food, I'd buy food!!
    If you plan on working until retirement age you need to take care of your back now. That means slowing down and letting everything heal.
    Do you have short or long term disability thru your insurance?
    And as far as SSI or disability, you never know until you try. You can also try for temporary disability. Don't always go by what other people say unless they've experienced it.
    Sorry I'm not a lot of help but I'm a great listener lol.
    Take care and please take it easy.

the last few days got rough for me,its hard to get up in the morning, So your right I need to slow down, MY body is letting me know im doing to much.IM know takeing baby steps to heal.
    That's great Rick, I'm glad you are slowing down. At the same time you need to walk and move around, just don't overdo!!
    I learned a lot about recovery during my last back surgery. I was in the hospital for a week and then they moved me to the rehab floor where I stayed over a week. I literally learned how to walk holding my body straight, how to bend at the knees, not the back. Even the proper way to get in and out of a car and turn my body not twist at the waist. 
    When I went home they sent exercises with me, a lot of them i do in a hot shower. 
    We all tend to want to do more as we feel better, but, like you said, baby steps.
    Keep us posted on how you are doing, your input on the forum will possibly help others during their recovery.

• advertisement
    Starting to get nervus.my dr wants me to cut down and wean off my pain pills.which is fine I understand its not good to be on for a long stretch . I will be ok with the weaker stuff. He did give some stuff to help me sleep at night so that should help.If get threw the day stays hard for me Im not to sure about going back to work.I have 2 more weeks to go and praying for things to be ok.my job said they will only old my job for me for 3 months if not back then im most likely with out a jop.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.