advertisement
advertisement

L5 S1 hermiated dicc

Adam36AAdam36 New South WalesPosts: 9
Hello people out there in back pain world..  yeah it suxs bigtime i know..  first off avoid surgey if u can.. but if your  in really bad pain get it done.. u got nothing to loose as your already in bad pain  .. but dont rush it get good advice from nero surgen and back people first.. second of all..  dont except this crap i hear that once u hurt yr back its never gonna get better.. discs etc..     nothing good comes easy and it will take a lot of patience hard work and time to get the results you want..   its been nearly 9 months for me and ive done everything i can posserbly do to heal myself from my herniated S1 L5 disc and im about 90% better.      Thirdly and MOST imporent and this is the hardest thing to do..  try and stay posertive.. that dark place you go to in yr mind and we have all been there ..  thats where u dont wanna be..  Life can b a very brutal will beat u down and keep you there if u let it..  its not about how hard u can hit but more how many hits u can take and keep going foward.. never giving up..  thats how winning is done!!!  Selvester Stalone taught me that in rocky
advertisement

Comments

• catapamcatapam AustriaPosts: 189
    once u hurt yr back its never gonna as before, I will rephrase you sentence.
    many young people with a herniated disk are pushing themselves to be back in the gym doing the same stuff as before
    In order to arrive there are doing to much stretching to many crunches and other exercises that in long run bring more damage to injured disk
    This is what I did and now I realize that I was very wrong 
    A herniated disk cannot fully heal and need extra care for entire life
    This is what I think. Sooner are you accepting this, better 
    Again this is just my opinion and I have no medical experience 
  • Sadly,yes very true.  :(
  • advertisement
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 85
    Im 55 and just now trying to wean off pain meds.I know for sure ill need something to get threw the day.the sad part im a outdoors men.I love to fish and hunt.fishing wont be so bad.but the power of shoting my 12 gauge again might take my back out.im some what scared on what ill beable to do again in life with my back being held together with a metal bar in my back. I have grandkids I wana play with and do things with.Its like my whole life just chaged befor me.....
    I wana go back to work but not sure if thats going to happen....I not the praying typ but Im finding my self doing it now.this fourm helps a little to see what others are going threw.sometimes im in tears and some days im ok.its rough all we can do is take one day at a time.
  • catapamcatapam AustriaPosts: 189
    @Rickallen  I am not aware about this fusion surgery that seems to be your case while you mentioned about a metal bar in your back.

Your doctor told you that won't be any better in the future, I mean been able to resume your job?
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 85
    No the dr never told me as of yet that I cant go back to work.Its the pain and things im going threw in life that has me scared that I might not beable to work again. Back surgery I know was going to happen to one point in my life .I was puting it off to long.But I have grandkids and a life I wana try to live....
  • advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.