advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Low back pain on right with pain down side of thigh to knee worse with standing

Pain is unbearable when standing.  The knee pain is the worse.  Really didnt do anything unusual to have caused this.  But i cant work because of this pain.  Right now im being treated with rest  heat ice  ibuprofen  tylenol.  Its day 4.  Lower back pain has improved but when standing. Side of thgh to groin and knee. Are very painful that i have to lie  down.   Am i missing something.  No xrays done yet.  They  say not time for xrays yet.  Please anyone have any advice would be greatly appreciated.   Im usually very active 54 yr old woman. This is driving me crazy
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,264
    hello dlc68 !
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 735
    See your doctor. Pretty sure he has time for x rays. 
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,502
    I agree, call your doctor as soon as possible and make an appointment. Explain your sysptoms and pain and ask for an X-ray and or MRI.                                                                                                                                                                                             Sorry you are havng to go through this, being in pain is not esy. Rotating heat and ice mght help, which i am sure you are doing.
    Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Happy New Year to all!!
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • Sorry to hear you are in so much pain dlc68.

Leg pain on standing could be connected to a lot of things, but you may want to research the nerve pathways in your legs and groin area.

The advice given above about xray or MRI is good advice, especially if this is nerve related. Nerves do not liked being trapped and permanent damage can occur, so push for further investigation and immediately report any changes with bladder or bowel.

The last time I visited my GP, he had a calculator on his computer screen, instead of my notes!!! Do not be pushed aside for money saving techniques employed by some doctors. You should not be left in pain.

Good luck and let us know how things progress
    AJ

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.