advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Kyphoplasty

2012 I broke my L1 and I had this procedure done which helped me out tremendously I just fractured my L3 on Christmas day and just came back from my orthopedic doctor   and he now tells me that this operation doctors haven't been doing for 5 to 10 years which doesn't make sense to me since my doctor did it 4  years ago . the doctor that performed this for me 4 years ago is retired now he tells me my new doctor  that I just have to wait for it to heal itself between 6 and  8 weeks. My question is has anybody else had this procedure done recently and has anybody had it done twice my doctor told me since I know I fractured my L3 they would never do this procedure on me because it would then compromise the L2 and that would be the next 1 to break.
advertisement

Comments

• I have just had six (yes 6) levels of kyphoplasty and verterbroplasty. This is the third set of fractures I have had treated this way so yes I have had it more than once. Apparently the risks of adjacent level fracture can increase after the procedure but in my case my bones started going like dominoes because I didn't have it done straight away. 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.