advertisement
advertisement

Pain stabs into butt and leg at night

I was just wondering what has worked for people with pain that throbs and stabs down the leg at night?  I am struggling with a back injury, and while I'm always in pain, at night it gets worse.  I'm hoping for some tips to help make it less bad...
advertisement

Comments

• RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 85
    Do a search for a good Dr. that's if you have insurance. and go threw with what the dr says.
  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 654
    @Rickallen, What's the gauge for a "good doctor"? 
    @CO_Former_Skier, Do you mean when laying in bed at night it gets worse, or just that by the end of your day it's worse? 

• advertisement
  • I mean that it gets worse at night...
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 85
    that's when I decided to go to a dr. I could not sleep nights.The pain got so bad I was better off on my feet. the min,I sat down or laid flat on my back the soar was comeing back.   I would say get to the dr.find a love one or someone you trust to go with.   more ears to here what the dr is telling you is good.
  • MarWinMarWin OhioPosts: 654
    Anything you can do to get your pelvis back to neutral alignment might be a good start. Especially if you plan to go to the doctor, and can't get the appointment scheduled right away. I'm not a fan of waiting around in debilitating pain:(. Did your pain happen as a result of your injury or did it worsen after the injury? A trip to the ER may expedite getting xrays.
  • advertisement
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 688
    It's interesting you mention it gets worse at night. When I first started having cervical issues, I was getting no sleep. Even with norco, pain was so bad that I was not able to sleep. Finally a PM doc gave me some Lyrica and I was able to sleep. I hope you see a doc soon and discuss your sleep issues. 
  • The doc prescribed cyclobenzaprine at night and miloxicam for pain relief along with a dose pack of prednisone.  prior to that I was taking alleve and some hydrocodone left over from the last incident.  These new meds have not done any good.  The pain at night is making me cry where at least  with the hydrocodone I was mostly able to sleep.  I will call and see about the lyrica... 
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 688
    Very important you tell your docs you are not sleeping because of the pain. Sleep is so important. My pain was often judged by how much sleep I got before I had ADR and ACDF. GLTU
  • My night pain comes from straightening my body to roll over causing my disk to bulge and press on the nerve.   The doctor recommended hydrocodone for the purpose of making me drowsy and able to sleep through it or fall back to sleep more quickly.   Fortunately for me, I sleep on my side with my knees up normally which alleviates my pain
  • I went back on the Aleve/Hydrocodone because it worked better than what the doctor prescribed initially.  I'll stick with that for now, I guess.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.