advertisement
advertisement

4 week update

I am happy to report that I am doing really well after my 8 level fusion surgery. The post operative pain is nothing compared to the pain I had before the surgery! I am able to walk over half a mile and no longer need a walker! It is truly a miracle! I was really nervous going into the surgery but I am so glad I did it. I might even be able to have a normal life again!
advertisement

Comments

• Wow. That's wonderful.
  • hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 809

Susan...

Good on you... keep up the good progress!!!

Are you off pain meds..??  Is your walking now a daily routine..??

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 844
    Hi susan!  Which 8 levels did you have fused? I am just 3 weeks out of 10 level (t10-s2-pelvis) and so far am getting there slowly....ditched the walker but still very tired and lots of angry nerves waking up but like you so much less pain than before surgery!!! 
    I am very glad you are doing well!!! Congrats!!!
  • JameyhJJameyh Atlanta, Ga.Posts: 98
    So happy for you Susanj....Congrats on a successful surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,417
    Susan! Wow, that's great to hear! Keep up the good work just don't overdo! 
  • advertisement
  • SusanjSSusanj FloridaPosts: 45
    I had a fusion from T10 thru L5-S1 as well as 5 laminectomies. Yes, I am still on pain meds but a reduced amount. WLLady, I am so happy to hear that you too are doing well. I also have some angry nerves! Are you using a bone growth stimulator?
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 844
    susanj- no bone stimulator but they did put a pile of BMP soaked beads up and down my spine where they did laminectomies-i too have 5 laminectomies!  my surgeon thought that was easier and faster than doing 10 decompressions and the possibly having to go back in later again just to remove more.  apparently the bmp (bone morphogenic protein) acts as a stimulator, promoting bone growth where ever it is put.  I'm doing great too!  i just managed 0.5km on my treadmill because i got tired of walking circles around my house.  I've been off all the pain meds for a while now, just regular tylenol and gabapentin now.....i can finally think clearer without the hydromorph!  the waking up nerves are obnoxious, sometimes my legs will twitch and i'll get zaps....but it's all okay.  it's so much better than before surgery!  fingers crossed you keep feeling better and better!!!!

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.