advertisement
advertisement

Nerve Block Shot

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 688
    Sorry, U can sign up for Obamacare if u do it by the end of the month. healthcare . gov
    I just started HMO this month. Been on PPO for the last 25 yrs. HMO will be scary...I think. Not used to referrals on PPO. 
  • advertisement
  • AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 238
    Been shopping for insurance and it looks like for a 61 year old man the monthly premiums are around between $700.00 - $790.00 and that is a cheap HMO plan with hight deductibles and co-pays.  New insurance means new doctor and what happens to all my meds that will run out at end of the month?  New insurance will not take effect for a month.  How will my mind and body deal through without the meds that I been on for months?  I am just talking to my spineys on my situation as I post this today.   

At healthcare . gov, I get subsidies so a 700 dollar plan only costs me 14 a month. Your insurance will kick in right away or on 2-1. You will need to see a new doc to keep your meds going. Is it better to have no insurance?  
    Wide awake RFA on 1/27. Both sides 4 needle holes.  Still in lot of pain especially mid back t8-t9.  
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,633
    Akira, hope you get some relief soon. I've been reading your thread, I got behind because of surgery, but I wanted to see how it all went. Did your doctor give you any more options to get you out of pain?
    My husband is 62, retired Jan 1. He found insurance with a low deductible, also got subsidies for $203.00 a month and includes prescriptions. And for $5.00 a month more got dental and vision.
    Hoping your surgery was successful.  Tomorrow my insurance changes, so another challenge.  Called the PM for my high level of pain, must pay cash for follow up till the new doctors new insurance gets all my medical history.  Taking norco, but no relief just lightheadedness and don't need to faint just trying to get to the bathroom.
    I have checked out for awhile since I was dealing with the RFA extreme pain results.  My PM told me that my nerves will sometime take a 2 weeks to settle down, but in the mean time will need to deal with the flare up.  I am worse off now than prior to RFA, but hoping with time my PM is right.  I have been prescribed for "break through pain"? Fentanyl oral, methadone, and Oxycodone.  My pharmacist took me aside and wanted to know why I have all these meds?  He told me to make sure I don't combine all three or two.  Need the meds for pain, but hate the side effects.  Need to find a balance to get my life back. Oh yeah, the costs of the meds WOW.  
    Epidural steroid injection 5 days ago.  The shot gave me relief for 1 day and 1 night of not waking up in pain.  Now, just like the RFA procedure I'm in more nerve pain than before the epi shot.  Did a follow up today with the PM and has requested a new MRI and a redo of the RFA on my right side in a couple of weeks.  I asked him what if that doesn't work? I'm @#$%&*.

Oh yeah, my cobra monthly cost is $763.00 HMO.  I need to get better and get back to work!  Tell me this is possible.
  • Lmao..the milky stuff they put you out w is diprivan, which.can also be utilized for conscious sedation..by no way safe for home use on a pt by quack Dr, as MJ found out sadly years ago. In hospital, even for twilight sedation, an ambu bag, crash cart, and doc or nurse that knows what they're doing at bedside at all times until procedure completed and diprivan starts to wear off ( 1/2-life of diprivan, Propofol  is just a few minutes).
    Sounds like you had quite an experience. The effect is somewhat like midazolam (Versed), which is utilized in the same manner.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.