advertisement
advertisement

Relief from pain meds?

How many of you feel relief from pain meds? My doc has me taking two 10/325 norcos 3 times a day.   I've been taking it easy so I don't do anything to make my back worse but I'm still in pain. I can't sleep. It makes it worse that I have to sleep on my stomach.  I hate this!!!
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 688
    I take same Norco 4 times a day with Tizanidine and Lyrica. Norco did nothing by itself for me. 
  • KChrispcatKChrispcat CaliforniaPosts: 54
    Have you guys had any other medications that work?
  • advertisement
  • Has your doctor prescribed oral steroids? I am new to this site but wanted to leave a comment for u. I have a lot going on in my back as well. I was in the greatest pain I've ever experienced besides BACK labor, I had been on muscle relaxants and heavy Meds. But it was the oral steroid that made the biggest difference. It was a 5 day dose. 
    I have had them in the recent past but it was injections that only lasted a few days.
    The norcos are making me nauseous and I still have quite a bit of pain.
  • advertisement
  • I take 10/325 Percocets 4x a day. Which is oxycodone with Tylenol. From what I read, they are stronger than Norco. No matter what I am given, eventually it doesn't work that well.

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 688
    Yes, perc is much strong than Norco. Never had Oxy before. 
  •  I still am in constant pain despite a pain pump, scs, and oral meds for breakthrough pain. I know nothing will take all the pain away but it's certainly frustrating. No matter what, there's is always residual pain. New spinal problems always develop that requires more and more medical intervention. Steroids only help with inflammation and pain temporarily. Toradol injections and tablets are great but can only be taken for a very brief time. Even so, I'm grateful to have these tools available and appreciate the brief relief it brings me. I'd be worse off and bedridden without treatment. My goal is to have more better days than bad ones some day. 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,636
    There is an older thread called The Blend, go to the top right of the page and key in it.
    A lot of really good information. 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.