advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hip Mobility Issues

elcardeeeelcardee Posts: 1
edited 01/08/2017 - 11:36 PM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
I know that I have osteoarthritis in my right hip. For the better part of the past year, I have realized significant decrease in my ability to bend over and put on my socks and shoes. Why is this exactly? Is it due to swelling due to the inflammation, or is the leg on the affected side experiencing some amount of leg length disparity? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of exercise might improve this condition?
advertisement

Comments

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 645
    Bending over isn't really that great for your back. Better to either sit and put them on, or con someone else to do it for you....ha!!! Just kidding with the conning, unless you need that to be done for you. So far, I still try to do most personal things for myself, hoping it stays that way for some time.

Since my lumbar fusion I'm still having trouble sitting and putting my right sock or shoe on, have had to go back to using that long shoehorn for my shoes. Feels like something wrong in my hip, hip flexor or something...some movements cause a clicking sound. Will be getting it checked out the end of the month, just feels like something isn't right.
  • My mother is also suffering from the same issue.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.