advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Spinal Stenosis and Muscle Spasms

I get lumbar stenosis muscle spasms. It's been about 2 years now. Very painful. I've had an MRI which has shown Moderate to severe Lumbar and Cervical Stenosis. I was out eating lunch with my husband and a Spasm attacked me while eating. I just sat there and waited as it passed but the pain was unbearable  ! My husband felt terrible because he couldn't do anything to help me as we were right in the middle of a restaurant. I held back the tears and it took 10 minutes to pass. I've had others that lasted 30 minutes. My doctors never really told me what I can do to make them go away or subside. Do I exercise or do hot or cold treatments every night ? I just can't take the pain anymore. I don't take drugs for my pain. I do have fibromyalgia and take Gabapentin at night only to get a relaxing sleep. I was given muscle relaxers but everything I try makes me dizzy or makes me uncomfortable during the day. Any suggestions for home remedies. I am at my wits end.
Thank you
Bernadette 
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,269
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello bernadette
    there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

please click on link for information about spine-health
    Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

Sign In or Join Us to comment.