advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Possible to have 4 cervical vertebrae fused?

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,509
    cwoomer

The second surgery would probably be through the same first scar, so only one scar.  My surgeon lined mine up with an existing wrinkle.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Yes, he wants to replace both discs. He mentioned my age as well, and said that he really thinks artificial disc replacement is my best option. He said we're going to have to probably fight with my insurance company a little on it, but he thinks I'm a perfect candidate for it and will fight my insurance company and explain to them why this is the best option for me.

Bruce Eitman, he said it would all be done during one surgery, and I would have two incisions, one at each level that he's replacing.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.